Coconut chewies are a delicious treat made with coconut as the main ingredient. They are typically sweet, chewy, and packed with coconut flavor. While there are various recipes available, here’s a simple one to make coconut chewies:
– 2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
– 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir well until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Take small portions of the mixture and shape them into bite-sized balls or small squares. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each piece.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the coconut chewies turn golden brown. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Once baked, remove the coconut chewies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, your coconut chewies are ready to be enjoyed! Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Feel free to customize your coconut chewies by adding additional ingredients like chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit. Enjoy!