Huli Huli Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a summer barbecue. The sweet and savory marinade gives the chicken a unique flavor that is sure to please everyone.
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and black pepper.
Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to coat.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
When you’re ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium heat.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 6-8 mins per side, or until your meat thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 170°F.
Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade during the last few minutes of cooking.
Serve hot and enjoy!
- Use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor and texture.
- If you don’t have pineapple juice, you can use orange juice or apple juice.
- You can also add some chopped green onions or pineapple to the marinade for extra flavor.
- Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade during the last few minutes of cooking for a sticky, glazed finish.
- Serve the chicken with rice, pineapple slices, and your favorite barbecue sauce.