recipe to guide you through Seafood twice-baked stuffed potatoes are a delicious and indulgent dish that combines the creaminess of a baked potato with the flavors of seafood. Here’s a the process:
– 4 large baking potatoes
– 1/2 pound (225g) cooked seafood (such as shrimp, crab, or a combination)
– 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
– 1/4 cup (60ml) mayonnaise
– 1/4 cup (60ml) unsalted butter, softened
– 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped fresh parsley
– 2 green onions, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup (50g) shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Scrub the potatoes clean and prick them several times with a fork. Place them directly on the oven rack and bake for about 1 hour or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the seafood. If you’re using shrimp, make sure they’re peeled and deveined. If using crab, remove any shells. Chop the seafood into small pieces and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes until they’re safe to handle. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh, leaving a thin layer attached to the skin. Be careful not to damage the skin. Place the scooped-out potato flesh in a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl with the potato flesh, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, softened butter, chopped parsley, green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Gently fold in the cooked seafood, being careful not to break it up too much. Leave some larger chunks for added texture.
- Spoon the seafood-potato mixture back into the potato skins, dividing it evenly among the halves.
- Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and the filling is heated through.
- Once done, remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the seafood twice-baked stuffed potatoes as a main course or a side dish. Garnish with additional chopped parsley or green onions if desired.
Enjoy your seafood twice-baked stuffed potatoes!