Smothered Chicken Wings
* 2 pounds chicken wings Split party wings or whole chicken wings
* 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 cup sliced or chopped onions I used a white onion.
* 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/2 cup chopped or sliced onions I used a white onion.
* ¼ cup flour
* 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or half and half Either will work fine in the recipe.
* ½ teaspoon garlic powder
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Season the wings with the spices.�
* Add the sliced onions and chopped peppers to the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.�
* Place the seasoned wings over the onions and peppers. Drizzle the broth into the baking sheet along the edges of the pan so you don’t remove the spices from the wings.�
* Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. �
* Remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil. Remove the chicken wings from the baking dish and set it aside.
* the chicken drippings, broth, peppers, and onions that remain in the baking dish. The chicken drippings will be used in the gravy.�
* Heat a saucepan or skillet on medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil.
* When melted, add in the onions and saute for 3-4 minutes until translucent and fragrant.
* Add in the flour. Add it in stages and stir continuously to avoid clumping.
* Add in the heavy cream or half and half, chicken drippings from the pan, and garlic powder. Stir until the sauce thickens. Return the chicken to the pan with the gravy.�
* Bake for an additional 15-25 minutes (uncovered) or until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees. You can test if the wings have finished cooking by using a meat thermometer.