Here’s a recipe for barbecue shrimp:
– 1 pound (450g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 4 tablespoons butter, melted
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional, adjust to your taste)
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
– Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce (if using), paprika, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to make the barbecue sauce.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat or heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and pour the barbecue sauce over them. Toss the shrimp gently to coat them evenly with the sauce.
- If using a grill or grill pan, thread the shrimp onto skewers. If using a skillet, you can cook the shrimp directly in the pan.
- Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook them as they can become rubbery.
- Once cooked, remove the shrimp from the heat and transfer them to a serving plate. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve the barbecue shrimp hot with lemon wedges on the side. You can also serve them with crusty bread or over a bed of rice or pasta.
Enjoy your delicious barbecue shrimp!
Note: You can adjust the seasonings and spices according to your taste preferences. If you prefer a spicier flavor, you can increase the amount of hot sauce or add some cayenne pepper to the barbecue sauce.