Taco Stuffed Shells are a versatile and flavorful dish that combines the elements of tacos and stuffed pasta shells. Here are a few more details about this delicious recipe:
- Pasta Shells: Jumbo pasta shells are used as the base for this recipe. They provide a sturdy and satisfying texture that holds the filling well.
- Filling: The filling for Taco Stuffed Shells typically consists of a combination of protein, cheese, and vegetables. In the vegetarian option, the ground beef or turkey is replaced with a vegetarian meat substitute or a mixture of cooked vegetables and legumes like black beans and corn.
- Seasoning: Taco seasoning is incorporated into the filling mixture to infuse it with the classic flavors of tacos. You can use store-bought taco seasoning or make your own by combining spices like chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Cheese: A combination of ricotta cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese is used in the filling. This blend of cheeses adds creaminess and a delicious cheesy flavor to the dish.
- Salsa: Salsa is a key ingredient that adds tanginess and moisture to the filling mixture. You can use your favorite store-bought salsa or make your own homemade salsa for a personalized touch.
- Toppings: After baking the stuffed shells, you have the option to garnish them with various toppings to enhance the flavors and add freshness. Common toppings include sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, and sliced black olives. Feel free to get creative and add any other toppings you enjoy.
- Serving: Taco Stuffed Shells make for a satisfying main course. They can be served on their own or paired with a side salad or Mexican-inspired sides like Mexican rice or refried beans.
This recipe offers a fun and appetizing twist on traditional stuffed shells, incorporating the beloved flavors of tacos. Whether you choose the classic meat-based filling or the vegetarian option, Taco Stuffed Shells are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
Taco Stuffed Shells are a delicious and creative twist on classic stuffed shells. They combine the flavors of tacos with the comforting texture of pasta shells. Here’s a simple recipe to make Taco Stuffed Shells:
– 20 jumbo pasta shells
– 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning
– 1 cup salsa
– 1 cup ricotta cheese
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
– 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
– 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1/2 cup corn kernels
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a baking dish by greasing it with cooking spray or butter.
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or ground turkey over medium heat until browned. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet, then add the taco seasoning and salsa. Stir well to combine, and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, black beans, and corn kernels. Mix well.
- Stuff each cooked pasta shell with a spoonful of the ricotta cheese mixture, and then top with a spoonful of the taco meat mixture. Place the stuffed shells in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese and shredded Monterey Jack cheese over the top of the stuffed shells.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to allow the cheese to brown slightly.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let the Taco Stuffed Shells cool for a few minutes. Serve them warm with optional toppings such as sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, and sliced black olives.
Enjoy your delicious Taco Stuffed Shells!